NORRES Schlauchtechnik: Data – Facts – Figures
- NORRES is heading into its anniversary year of 125 innovations. From the very beginning, the focus here is on the multitude of new NORRES products, which from now on come with "anti-static" as a standard. Until the end of the year, following 125 technical and service oriented innovations
- In February, NORRES will officially begin its anniversary year. Congratulating politicians, economists as well as partners and friends of NORRES will be guests at the NORRES anniversary reception
- In South Bend, in the state of Indiana in the USA, NORRES is starting its new branch with affiliated manufacturing. On this occasion, the governor of the state of Indiana, Mike Pence, visited NORRES in Gelsenkirchen.
NORRES would like that customers are able to quickly and comprehensively orient themselves in the catalogues. Therefore a conversion of metric and imperial values takes place over the entire range of products.
NORRES Goes Mobile: With the new NORRES hose finder and the NORRES customer portal, starting at the end of August, the manufacturer will offer the NORRES hose world as an online web app. A multitude of functions, like order status and tracking service alleviates the daily work for customer and partners with the NORRES customer portal.
NORRES celebrates with its customers, partners, and employees: Now on three days, NORRES will celebrate its 125th anniversary. Domestic and international customers use the international marketing forum from NORRES in order to speak about the operations of the future. Afterwards we celebrate.
The autumn of innovations: This still means a multitude of new products and service features as well as the opening of the new materials store.
With the new online relaunch in the responsive design for mobile devices exactly as for tables and many new features NORRES ends its anniversary year and begins the new year in 2015.
- NORRES is awarded the initiative prize NRW 2013 by the WGZ Bank and the Funke Media Group for its social commitment.
- In October, NORRES Schlauchtechnik met numerous national and international customers at its booth at the world’s leading trade fair K 2013 in Dusseldorf.
- NORRES Schlauchtechnik is awarded the Grand Prize for Small and Medium-sized Businesses 2013, an award that confirms that the way NORRES takes as a trendsetter and technology leader in its segment.
- NORRES continues to expand globally. The latest branch is in Leamington Spa in the British midlands, from which supplies can now be directly brought to NORRES customers throughout the entire United Kingdom and Ireland.
- NORRES expands its offer for the pharmaceuticals and food industry with the latest approvals and thereby responds to customer requirements.
- NORRES launched its image film in German and English on its own You Tube channel. This provides all of those interested with a direct view of the world of NORRES hoses.
- NORRES China opened with a "Grand Opening" an own production for the Asian market as well as a new, much more advanced branch in Shanghai Pudong.
- NORRES continues its internationalization with a new office in Taiwan. Together with the Chinese subsidiary, NORRES now offers its customers two bases in Asia.
- NORRES presents a new catalogue (the ES 3) for its newest business division - environmental technology - at the IFAT 2012 in Munich. At the trade fair itself, NORRES presents its membrane tube and membrane disc diffuser for fine bubble aeration in aeration tanks.
- New trade catalogues assist NORRES' partners and customers with technical know-how and interesting application examples. The trade catalogues for clamp profile hoses and technical hose solutions for the plastics industry are distributed in high numbers to customers and dealers.
- With an expanded product range of high temperature hoses, NORRES offers an extremely heat-resistant hose for temperatures up to + 280 ° C with the CP 467 HiTex, thus complementing its range of heat-resistant hoses with a top-quality product.
- NORRES is known for social its commitment. For its efforts in integrating workers of the 50-plus generation, the enterprise with headquarters at the port of Gelsenkirchen earned the city's "Best Ager Company with Vision 2012" award.
- German and English versions of the new manual for technical hoses – IH3 – are published in the springtime, followed by the French and Polish versions later in the year.
- NORRES Schlauchtechnik receives the award as finalist in “The Grand Prix of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises” 2011 in Dusseldorf.
- The internationalization of NORRES continues. NORRES Polska opens in Poznan with its own warehouse. A convenience for many customers in Eastern Europe and Poland.
- NORRES expands the permanently conductive hoses product range with the AIRDUC ® PUR-INOX 351 MHF-AS. Starting this year, NORRES customers now have the option of ordering hose types made from bio-based raw materials.
- The NORRES CONNECT Safety Clamp Systems 230, 231 and 232, which allow polyurethane hoses to be clamped to all standard connection types, are now also available for the PUR-AS hose series. These innovative techniques for connecting commercially available fittings to polyurethane hoses lead to a clear reduction in maintenance, energy and process costs.
- The PUR-AS hose family manufactured by NORRES is voted one of the top three innovations in the “Environmental and safety technology / explosion protection” category of the Vogel Business Media Innovation Award at “POWTECH / TechnoPharm 2010”.
- NORRES shapes up for the future: A new rectangular hose is the latest innovation to emerge from the NORRES R&D department as a further extension to our already broad portfolio of products.
- The permanently antistatic hoses in the electrostatic discharge-capable PUR-AS family developed by NORRES Schlauchtechnik are among the first of their kind to be launched in the market. AIRDUC®, PROTAPE® and BARDUC® PUR MHF-AS have each obtained legal and regulatory approvals from an independent testing laboratory for the complete hose in food applications; they meet the requirements of EU Directive 2002/72/EC, including the amending Directive 2007/19/EC, and bear the EU's glass / fork symbol.
- NORRES Schlauchtechnik – united under one roof: The “Am Stadthafen 12-18” site in Gelsenkirchen was finally ready for occupancy on July 20. The full benefit of the significantly expanded manufacturing and warehouse capacities can now be leveraged. The investment in new plant will make our production processes both faster and more efficient. The warehouse and Production were recently joined by Administration.
- The implementation of the new technical rule TRBS 2153 (BGR132) gives rise to numerous questions and uncertainties in day-to-day practice. In an attempt to provide reliable answers and clarify the situation with regard to suction and transport hoses, NORRES, the Gelsenkirchen based hose manufacturer, hosts a meeting of experts at the end of November. The eminent panel includes Dr. Josef Bremen of BG Chemie in Cologne, one of the fathers of both the new and the old rule, and Dr. Claus-Diether Walther of Currenta, Leverkusen, a recognised authority on explosion protection.
- Complete production and warehouse relocated to the second plant – “Am Stadthafen 12-16, Gelsenkirchen” – in July/August 2008.
- Product range extended with two innovative clamp systems: CONNECT Safety Clamp System 2311 and CONNECT Pressfitting System 232 for heavy and super-heavy, externally corrugated spiral hoses.
- NORRES Cable Protection Systems catalogue published in July. New Industrial Hoses Manual published in March.
- NORRES Schlauchtechnik becomes one of the first manufacturers to develop a special safety clamp system – CONNECT 230 – for loading and unloading silo vehicles that fits spiral wire-reinforced polyurethane hoses.
- NORRES voted “Supplier of the Year 2007 in the Hoses and Fittings Category” by VTH (German Industrial Distributor Association) in November..
- Production commences in the second plant. The new production facility is officially opened by Frank Baranowski, Lord Mayor of Gelsenkirchen.
- NORRES Schlauchtechnik continues its expansion with the acquisition of the “Am Stadthafen 12-16, Gelsenkirchen” site (Plant II), leading to the creation of new, long-term jobs, and the establishment of a regional office in China.
- One of the first manufacturers in the world to receive official approval for polyurethane hoses reinforced with steel wires in accordance with the new EC Directive 2002/72/EC, NORRES launches the production of its new food industry hoses and special couplings, proudly bearing the EU’s glass/fork symbol.
- Development and market launch of a brand raw material called Pre-PUR® – meanwhile a synonym for quality and longer life. This special blend of premium ether-polyurethane is characterised by better resistance to heat and cold than ordinary polyurethanes.
- Publication of the Industrial Hoses Manual and complete redesign of the company website. The Manual wins an award for its user friendly layout and simple navigation in “KatalogBenchmark”, the prestigious competition for catalogue design..
- Construction of a new storage and logistics area at the Freiligrathstr. 38 site in Gelsenkirchen. Warehouse capacity is doubled as a result.
- Invention of partial colouring for hoses. Thanks to the patented production method, AIRDUC® and PROTAPE® hoses can now be coloured in the bead area according to customer specifications.
- “Welding extrusion” patent granted for AIRDUC® and PROTAPE®. This novel production technique improves the smoothness of the interior hose surface.
- Burkhard Mollen appointed Managing Director.
- NORRES Schlauchtechnik voted “Best Supplier: Industrial Distribution Partner” by VTH (German Industrial Distributor Association). NORRES becomes a member of the Industrial Distributor Association’s TOP partner programme.
- War damage repaired and commodities to meet daily needs manufactured from existing stocks. Parallel to this, intensive efforts are made to persuade the British occupation authorities to license the production of electric fuses.
- Introduction of the first test procedures for detonator wires with insulation made from thermoplastic polymers
- Joseph Norres’ fuse factory in Gelsenkirchen granted an official trading license to erect a manufacturing facility for electric fuses on the Freiligrathstr. 30 site in Schalke (Gelsenkirchen).
- Death of Wilhelm Norres on November 2, 1918. The firm has already been run by his eldest son, Albert, for some time. Albert’s brother, Joseph Norres, who worked there too for a while, establishes his own fuse manufacturing company – Joseph Norres, Zünderfabrik – between 1923 and 1925.
- Wilhelm Norres, a former miner, is employed as an accountant and mining official at the Consolidation pit in Schalke (Westphalia) following a mine accident. He sets to work on the development of a “mechanical safety fuse for detonations” (in the form of a friction igniter) that is protected by German and international patents.
The first patent application is submitted in 1890. By 1897, the consumption of Norres fuses has climbed to 1.1 million.